Reading a friend's blog today made me recall this sentiment: Are you "interested" in losing weight or "committed" to losing weight/
This is an excerpt from Linda Spangle's book 100 Days to Weight Loss.
People who are interested in losing weight:
1. Stick with it until something better comes along
2. Take action only if they “feel like” doing it
3. Need to see results in order to stay motivated
4. Blame people or circumstances for their struggles
5. Easily give up whjen the face challenges.
People who are committed to losing weight:
1. Stick with their plans no matter what
2. Take action whether they feel like doing it or not
3. Assume that if they stay motivated results will follow
4. Take responsibility for their own actions
5. Keep going in spite of challenges and setbacks
I'm COMMITTED... not just to losing weight, but to a healthy and fit lifestyle.
How about you?