Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Getting Back Into the Swing for Spring!

I haven't been blogging much, because I haven't really had much to say. I realized the other day I'd really been absent, because I got an e-mail that I was being removed from the Community Team for inactivity. That is not very Sparking of me! 

Maintenance is tricky. It's very easy to let your guard down, and before you know it, you are slipping into bad habits again. So far, that hasn't been a big issue for me, but I can see how easily it could be. 

I ditched the daily and weekly weigh-ins for monthly. The first monthly weigh-in found me up only 0.8. However, I have adjusted my goal weight yet again. I'm right where my hubs wants me to be... or where he said he wanted me to be. But I'm finding my slacks a little snugger than I like. I want to shoot for 140 with a 5-lb. range.... so basically 138 to 142. That gives me room for adjustments and tweaks. Below 138 or over 142 requires serious action. We discussed it last night, and hubs is agreeable to that plan. 

Since I'm at about 145 now, I need to drop 5 lbs. I'm not giving myself a time limit on this, but I am adjust my eating and working out to accomplish it. In fact, I'm really focusing more on ramping up the workouts, since I want to continue my toning. In addition to ramping them up, I'm trying to do daily exercises in the QuickFire Challenge team. I also try to throw in a few push-ups here and there. 

This blog entry is my affirmation that I am getting serious again before I have the chance to get out of control. For now, I am still not tracking food, but I will focus on better choices, both quality and quantity. If that doesn't get it done, I will go back to tracking. I do still track my exercise. I find that very motivating. 

Each and every one of you is a big part of my success so far. I want you guys to hold me accountable. This is a lifelong journey, but one I am committed to continuing. 

1 comment:

  1. way to go!!!
    i love your husband is participating.

    ReplyDelete