Thursday, January 27, 2011

Burn out?

I'm struggling lately with being tired all the time. Some of it is work stress and a personal issue, but after reading this article on SparkPeople, maybe it is at least partially from overtraining. I want to try taking a few days off, but it scares me to death that it will cause me to gain back some weight or I will totally lose motivation and quit working out all together. I have an upcoming annual physical, so I will definitely talk to my doctor about it to rule out any physiological problems.

In the meantime I think I should "play it by ear" and let my body be my guide. If I am truly tired, I will rest or do something short and light.

Edit: Let me add that I do already take rest days... always have. I rest at least one day each week and sometimes two. It just seems lately that might not be enough.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I feel your pain! I am flat worn out 99% of the time, but I know it's because I don't get enough sleep and stay so busy with the children. I hope you get everything figured out and enjoy an extra day or two of rest!!

    ReplyDelete