Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What's YOUR Excuse?

Excuses: It's hard to get started, I don't like to sweat, I don't want to change how I eat, losing weight is too hard, etc.

Some people bitch and moan about not being able to lose weight. They always have an excuse for not doing what needs to be done. And excuses don't just apply to weight loss goals.

I've been there. Most of my excuses were internalized rationalizations, but I made them plenty. Then one day I decided that I, and I alone, am responsible for my actions and inactions. That was my epiphany and the starting point to my eventual success. I am doing this FOR me, so the buck stops WITH me.

I've read variations on this several places. Losing weight is hard, being fat is hard, maintaining your weight is hard. Yeah, so pick your hard.

I am committed to paying forward my success, and I am here to help any person who asks me. But I want to hear what you are doing for yourself, not excuses. It's cliché, but Nike's campaign is simple and brilliant: "Just Do It." I'll take it a step further. It's not "Just Do Everything, and If You Can't Do Everything, Do Nothing." Maybe it should be "Just Do SOMETHING." This weight-loss, fitness, --insert your own goal here-- journey is not all or nothing. Don't set yourself up for failure or burnout by trying to change every aspect of your life at once.

And remember, this:

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got. I decided to do better and get better. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment