When Dave was out of town, we had a plumbing leak for which I hired someone to repair. I knew the flooring was wet underneath, but there wasn't much I could do until Dave got back. We had several hardwood boards that were bowing up. The day after Dave returned, he called the insurance company and an adjuster came out.
Long story short, we ended up ripping up all the kitchen floor and sub-floor, and in the process found some HVAC problems we hadn't anticipated. Dave re-tiled the kitchen and it looks fantastic. It was something that we had been planning to do at some point, so it was nice to have the money to do it sooner rather than later. After that project, we moved on to the living room and dining room. Again, we had to rip up over half of the hardwoods and sub-floor. We are near the end of the project, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
It is very stressful to have your home torn up around you, but I am so grateful for Dave who has coordinated this whole process and worked his tail off to make it right. It would have been much more stressful to have strangers doing all this demo, not to mention exponentially more expensive!
I am very lucky to have such a talented, intelligent husband who wants nothing more than to please me and make me happy. He rocks my world!