Thursday, September 30, 2010

September Retrospective & October Goals

September was a bit challenging with a couple of out of town trips where I didn't have much control over the selection of food available. I started trying "intuitive eating" for the last three weeks of the month. That is to say, I didn't track, but tried to keep attune to my bodies true hunger signals. All-in-all, it was pretty successful. 

Here's what happened in September: 
I reached a "healthy" BMI number which was my ultimate weight-loss goal. 
I worked out 25 days, twice some days. 
I met my goal of 1,300 fitness minutes with 1,332. It was tough to reach in a 30-day month. 
I burned 9,832 calories. 
I drank at least 8 cups of water every day. 
I ate at least 5 freggies, and my average was probably close to 7. 

October goals: 
Maintenance, baby! This is where it gets tricky. I want to at the very least maintain my current weight. I would like to lose a pound or two of pure fat, but I don't mind settling in here for a while. 
I plan to work out 26 of 31 days. 
I am going to try to hit the 1,300 fitness minutes again. 
I am not going to set a calories burned goal. I dropped my weight in my HRM, so my burn is slightly reduced. As I stated last month, though, I will continue to challenge myself. I have my eye on a couple of new DVDs to shake things up. 
I will continue on the 60 in 60 water challenge. 
I will try to average 6 or more freggies. 

It's a whole new ballgame now. Setting forth my goals publicly keeps me accountable and on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment