Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting So Close

As of this week’s weigh-in, I’m 6.2 pounds from my current goal. I say “current” because I’m not sure if that will be my ultimate goal. My current goal is to have a “healthy” BMI. It’s possible that 6.2 pounds won’t be where I want to stay, but I just have to wait until I get there and assess again at that point.

I have lost 80 pounds since October 2009… WHA??? It’s hard for me to believe it. In some ways it seems like a really long time, but in other ways, it’s happened so fast. I’ve done this before, so getting to goal scares me a little. I have to remain diligent to keep it off this time. Sometimes that can be harder than getting it off. Fortunately I have a great support network, both IRL and via SparkPeople and Weight Watchers communities. So, while I am a little scared, I know in my heart that I can do it.

Other than a few months in 2005, I haven’t been below 150 in decades. I like the way I feel and look, and I am not giving that up ever again.

I owe a big “thank you” to all my peeps. Okay, I am way too old to say “peeps.” Anywho… you are all an integral part of my success now and in the future. I need you to keep me going. I’ve worked way too hard to throw it away.

I also want to tell anyone reading this that if I can do, you certainly can. Take advantage of every source available to you to reach your goals. We are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment