Wednesday, July 14, 2010

RIP, Old Red

What a freaky night last night turned out to be. I'm 40 miles into my 60 mile commute home when Dave calls and tells me to exit the interstate. His dad was doing a pastoral visit at the hospital. He's been using Dave's truck for a couple of weeks. While he was inside the hospital, the truck caught fire! It's completely destroyed, and it damaged the vehicles around it. Luckily no one was hurt. We are also fortunate that it didn't happen while Dave's dad was driving.



So we hung around while they took information and got the truck towed out of there, then I took Dave's dad home. I finally made it home around 9 pm. Talk about a long day!

Dave had dinner started for me and thanked me profusely for handling things. It's nice to be appreciated!

p.s. Here is a link to a news story about the incident:

Blaze shuts down deck

No comments:

Post a Comment