Thursday, July 1, 2010

I really hate failure: My P90X venture ends (for now). Back to The FIRM.

I was so pumped up about P90X. I thought, "Wow, this will take working out to the next level for me." I have worked out with it 5 times now, doing 4 different DVDs. I am not impressed, and I am extremely frustrated. I don't think this is the program for me. I suppose I am in the minority here, but I do not enjoy it in any way. I could live with not enjoying it if I felt it was actually doing something for me. I am doing longer workouts and getting lower calorie burns. I know it's not all about the burn, but with The FIRM, I was getting my HR up on cardio and strength. I don't even get a good burn on P90X cardio workouts. I feel like I'm "Bring"ing 100%, but not getting the payoff. Maybe I'm just fooling myself that I'm pushing as hard as I can, but I have never been one to slack on working out. I try to give everything I've got every time I lace up the sneakers. I don't want to waste time by "phoning it in."

Maybe I haven't given it enough time yet, but I don't want to invest any more time in it now. I have not given up on it completely. I will use some of the workouts on weekends when I have more time. And down the road, I may jump in with both feet again. But for right now, I have to give up on the program.

That pains me, but I know my body and to what it responds.

No comments:

Post a Comment