Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tough Love

I got a little bent out of shape over something Dave said to me last night. I was saying that I'm not going to give up, and he said I had a bad attitude (paraphrasing). While I didn't mean it in a negative way, I see what he meant. The fact that I would even mention giving up (which deep-down I didn't even consider) over this tiny blip on the horizon is just ludicrous. I think the reason I am somewhat over-reacting is that it worries me that I will start to slide. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, and obviously gained it back. I am scared to death about that happening again, even before I get to where I'm going. Maybe I should hide the scale and only bring it out once a month. I have this plan in my head for when I want to get to goal. Maybe I need to relax about "the date" and let this happen on its own schedule. If I keep doing what I'm doing, it WILL happen eventually.

I'm very lucky to have Dave to encourage and motivate me and keep me focused and on-track.... and smack me upside the head (figuratively) when I am being irrational and stupid. I love you, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment