Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Six months... 49 pounds and counting

Yesterday was six months since I joined WW and started the whole lose weight, get healthy thing, so here's a little retrospective:

In some ways it seems like yesterday, and in others it seems like I've been doing this forever. I have found that this is becoming like second nature to me. In those six months, I have tracked my food in one way or another every single day, good, bad and/or ugly.

I am about to move from "obese" to "overweight" on the BMI chart. That is my next mini-goal. Hopefully I can reach that by the end of May.

I have a ways to get to my ultimate goal, and I know even then, I will have to track everything. That was my downfall the last time around. I got to goal, got lazy, didn't track, didn't weigh, didn't workout. What I'm doing right now is what I have to do the rest of my life if I plan to stay healthy and at a healthy weight.

That sometimes seems daunting, but with all the tools available in this day and age, it will be a snap. It's a habit now that I don't plan to break. I want to be around a long time for Dave and my kids. I want to be a healthy example for my kids.

Dave took this picture of me yesterday to commemorate my 6-month anniversary. He says I have a Giada square smile in it. I actually like the picture, and usually I hate pictures of myself. The reason for the huge smile is that he made me crack up with his "smile" phrase. No "say cheese" for him. I won't repeat it, because his dad might read this. I love you, Harold!



I'm doing this, and I'm going to keep doing it. Thanks to all the support I have from people in real life and online, I have no excuse not to. =)

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you have a blog!! That's what I get for tweeting from my phone almost exclusively. You are really doing an amazing job on this journey and are an inspiration to those of us walking it with you (even when we fall off the pathway). I love your new picture--you look so beautiful and happy! Keep it up and keep smiling!!

    ReplyDelete