Friday, March 12, 2010

Halfway-Point Reflection

Since I'm halfway to my ultimate goal, I am going to reflect on how I got this far.

Support from Dave has been the number one thing that has helped me on this journey. Ultimately, I had to be the one to make the decision and the commitment, and I am very proud of myself for that. But having a support system to motivate and encourage is vital to success. Another big part of my support system is the community at SparkPeople. As much as I love Dave, (which is more than he knows), and as encouraging as he is, he's never been through what I'm going through. My SparkBuddies have and are going through the same struggles as me. They are a huge part of my success.

So now I have to refocus and recommit to finishing this up and turning it into my forever lifestyle. Tracking food and working out has become a habit now. But I know how easy it is to skip a day, which turns into a week, which turns into giving up. That will NOT happen. I want everyone reading this to hold me to that. Kick my ass if you see me slipping. TOUGH LOVE, I tell ya! You've got permission in writing, especially you, Dave.


No comments:

Post a Comment