Friday, March 19, 2010

Five Months Today

Five months ago today, I took my first tangible step towards getting back in shape. My first real step was the decision to do something, but on October 19, 2009, I re-joined Weight Watchers. As you know, I have since switched to SparkPeople.

What has happened in five short months? I have lost a total of 40.6 pounds. I work out 5-6 times a week for an average of 50 minutes per workout. My blood pressure is improved, my cholesterol is way down, and I feel so much better.

While I still have a ways to go, I have no doubt I will make it. Dave is always there to encourage me, and even though it means I don't have time to make elaborate dinners or what he might like, he accommodates me in any way he can. I could not do this without him.

Compare this picture from last week to the one on my blog page taken the weekend before I joined WW:


I think the difference is remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment